You have often seen people with good teeth and fantastic smiles. You believe these people are blessed with such sets of teeth, and you can never have them. Well, think again! Having perfect-looking teeth is easier than ever before. There are surgeries and other medical treatments to help you achieve your dream teeth. But oral hygiene is more than just about teeth; it is so much more. Continue reading this article to learn valuable tips on maintaining your oral hygiene.
Brush Twice: Everyone knows that one friend whose breath smells like garbage. You have to hold your breath while they talk. No one can pay attention to what they are saying because it is hard to focus on their words; all the attention goes to the foul smell that emits from their mouth. Yes, everyone knows that one person. You prefer not to be that man. That is why it is essential to brush your teeth twice daily to remove all the food particles hidden in your gums and between your teeth. These food particles cause a foul smell to begin with.
- While brushing, be sure to floss to clean your tongue. Countless bacteria can gather on the tongue surface.
- You may use a mouth freshener after brushing to freshen up the mouth. But do not use the mouth freshener as the replacement for brushing itself.
- If the foul smell continues, you may consult a dentist or a general physician. Many a time, digestive dysfunction leads to mouth odor.
Consider Whitening Teeth: As the years go by, you start to notice your teeth have become yellowish. They have lost their white glow and become dull. Having yellow teeth makes you look unattractive and old. Therefore, many people may consider getting their teeth whitened by professionals. The process does not take much time, and one can return to one’s regular life without worry.
- After teeth whitening is done, one has to follow a strict diet for the next couple of days. One must avoid foods and drinks that may lead to discolouration of the teeth. For example, red wine, food colors, spices such as turmeric can ruin the white glow of the teeth.
- It is better to have a liquid-based diet to avoid discoloration for the first few days. After that, you may eat white food such as white rice and egg whites to prevent harming the new whiteness of the teeth.
Limit Alcohol: As a rule of thumb, you must limit alcohol consumption if you want beautiful teeth. Alcohol and tobacco are bad news for the teeth. Have you ever looked into someone’s mouth who chews tobacco? You will see that all his teeth have become brown, and the look is quite revolting. Why make your teeth go through such torture? It is time to drop those nasty cigarettes in the bin and move on with your life.
Choose The Right Toothpaste: Not all teeth are alike. So, different people require different things from their toothpaste. Therefore, it is best to consult an expert dentist before selecting a new toothpaste brand. A paste should strengthen your teeth and gums. The toothpaste must have calcium and fluorides in it. Let a doctor suggest the brand suites for your teeth.