If you or a loved one suffer from hearing loss, then you are probably already aware of the various benefits of hearing aids to help with this very common issue. However, as technology advances, digital hearing aids have advanced as well, making them a total game-changer for people who suffer from hearing loss. Here at Associates in Hearing Healthcare, we are proud to offer some of the most technologically advanced digital hearing aids and a variety of options designed to meet any style and budget.
Digital technology now accounts for over 95% of hearing aids sold today and offers a number of benefits over older hearing devices developed from past technology. At Associates in Hearing Healthcare, we carry only the latest digital hearing aid models from leading manufacturers including Widex, Oticon, Phonak, ReSound, and Lyric.
Because there are so many benefits to digital hearing aids, we will be reviewing what they are here…
The Many Amazing Benefits Of Digital Hearing Aids
- Digital produces crisper and clearer sound compared to analog hearing aids
- Does a better job at filtering sounds
- They are flexible enough to be able to be tailored to an individual’s unique needs
- They are able to be re-programmed to accommodate changes in hearing or listening
- They can act on soft sounds in one way and on loud sounds in a completely different fashion, rather just than making everything louder… this results in the sound quality being much more clear and comfortable in most common listening situations
- Selectively amplifies various different sounds like a conversation versus background noise
- Reduces feedback and automatically adjusts the volume to the type of environment you may be in
- Use of directional microphones to pick up sound coming from a certain direction rather than picking up sounds equally that may be coming from all directions
- The software in digital hearing aids can be connected to Bluetooth or your smartphone to take calls while you have them in your ears
- Digital hearing aids come in many different styles and are still able to be discreet enough so that people don’t notice you are wearing it
- Sometimes covered under medical insurance plans
As you can see, there is a multitude of different benefits to digital hearing aids, and as a result of these benefits, many people’s quality of life improves significantly. We’re happy to be here for our patients to help them with this. Unfortunately, if you ask around, almost everybody knows someone who has been affected by some degree of hearing loss. While hearing impairment can be the result of heredity, it also is a natural and graduated result of the aging process which makes it so common. Furthermore, it is not uncommon for people suffering from hearing loss to be defensive or in denial about it because it can be frightening at first. That is why our website is designed so that you can find out more about the audiology process, the possibility of hearing loss, and the scientific advances the hearing community has made in the last several years to bring hearing back to the hearing impaired. 15% of Americans begin having hearing issues once they are over the age of 18, so don’t feel ashamed. We’re here to help!
If you have any further questions regarding the benefits of digital hearing aids, the hearing aids we provide, how to tell whether you or a loved one may be suffering from hearing loss, how to protect your ears from hearing loss, our prices, or any of our other services, please do not hesitate to contact us! We look forward to speaking with you.