Taking proper care of everything concerning our skin, from the tone, texture, hair removal, and so on, can sometimes get challenging. Particularly when it comes to getting rid of unwanted hair, waxing and shaving regularly isn’t always a feasible option for everyone.
To make things convenient and beneficial, what most people choose is the hair removal laser technique. It is a fast and functional procedure that saves both your time and efforts in taking the best care of your skin’s hair. In short, the process involves directing concentrated light on our hair follicles, and the light on reaction with the follicle pigment damages hair growth.
Furthermore, there is a lot more to know about how you can go about the hair removal laser procedure. Let us take a detailed look at the steps and considerations involved.
What Can You Expect Before Getting a Hair Removal Appointment?
The first step to take before undergoing the procedure is to schedule an appointment with a technician specializing in the domain. You can contact The Aesthetic Bureau for the utmost professional services. If you are worried about what the consultation stage with your hair removal technician would look like, read on.
- Initially, you will be asked about the details of your medical history and the concerned areas from which you would like to get hair removed. This is to ensure that there are no complications after the procedure has been completed.
- After proper examination and differentiation of the areas to be treated with laser, the technician will fix a date on which the laser removal process will be carried out.
- There are some precautions to be taken both before as well as after the procedure. Additionally, both the person being treated and the technician needs to wear protective eyewear and cover the exposed part of the body to avoid the laser’s impact on other parts of the skin.
Let us now find out what precautions are to be taken in the pre and post-procedure stage.
How Will You Prepare Before Laser Hair Removal?
Preparation for the hair removal laser treatment has to be taken some weeks before the scheduled day. The steps to be followed a few weeks before include:
- The concerned area of the skin must be freshly washed and cleansed.
- There should not be any application of lotion or chemicals before the procedure.
- Refrain from waxing the area to be treated before or in between the hair removal laser procedure.
- Around two weeks before the scheduled date, avoid exposure to UV rays on the area to be treated.
- To ensure this, use a broad-spectrum sunblock with a sun protection formula (SPF) greater than 30 days.
- Avoid all substances that can make your skin photo-sensitive, like acids, retinol, etc., on the skin area three days before the procedure.
- All the oral medications as prescribed to you must be strictly adhered to. If you are consuming any additional medicines for any other treatment, immediately convey this information to your technician.
- Please do not inject Botox or chemical peels for about 14 days before the procedure.
If all of these steps are followed with utmost precision, you can be assured that the process will be completed comfortably and bear the desired output for you.
What Measures Are to Be Taken After Hair Removal?
Considering the sensitivity of the procedure and your skin area, it is of utmost importance to follow more measures after the laser process has been completed. Some of them include:
- The concerned area is likely to show redness, swelling, and burns for about two weeks. Make sure to apply aloe vera or any other gentle formula to relieve the skin.
- Due to hair shedding in about 14 days, there can be patchy hair growth in the area. Be patient and wait for it to recover after two weeks by itself.
- If you do not take proper care to avoid exposure to the sun and UV rays, there are chances of pigmentation, damage, and texture change. So it is necessary to take extra care.
- Again use a broad-spectrum sunblock with a high sun protection formula regularly.
- Avoid any chemicals that can make the skin area sensitive to light, and refrain from any Botox injections or other chemicals.
- All the prescribed medicines are to be consumed orally and within the scheduled time.
Taking care of all these steps with the proper equipment and time frames might seem challenging. But with the top-class services of The Aesthetic Bureau, you can leave all the technicalities to us!
We specialize in all kinds of clinical, cosmetic, and aesthetic supplies, from Laser, IPL to LED, Cyro technology, and much more. With years of relevant experience in this field, we are the best in business to equip technicians and practitioners with the best technology and supplies they need for all their procedures.