There are so many defibrillators in the market, but how are you going to find the best Heartsine Defibrillator for you? It doesn’t matter whether it is for personal use or you want to use it for the place of your business; there will be a lot of factors involved. For some people, price is the major concern when it comes to choosing the best defibrillator. On the other hand, some people prefer those defibrillators which are easy to use. In this article, you get to know everything about the AED and what does AED stand for.
You will also get detailed information about AED pads and its differences with the previous one. Also, you are going to look at AED batteries and a few other things.
What Does AED Stand For?
AED is the abbreviation of an automated external defibrillator. Basically, it is a defibrillator that is very easy to use. You need some special AED training to operate this machine. The AED is more portable that you can take it with you almost anywhere. The big AEDs you are going to see are in the hospitals.
AED Pads And Batteries:
- Unlike the other manufacturers, Heartsine has done something little different. They have combined the batteries and AED electrodes into a single-use cartridge. They named that combination Pad-Pak. So, when you are in need of replacing the pads or batteries, you just have to replace one thing.
- There are two different types of Pad-Pak. The first one is the Adult Pad-Pak which is grey. It can be used on patients from eight years old to adults that are weighing more than 25kg or 55lbs. The other one is the Pediatric-Pak which is of pink colour. It can be used on patients that are younger than eight years and are weighing less than 25kg or 55lbs.
- The Zoll AED Plus is a combination of separate batteries and electrode pads. In the Zoll, you are going to have two types of AED. The first one is the CPR-D-pads which is for adults, and the other one is the Pedi-padz II, which is used for children younger than eight years of age. There are more other pads that you can choose from, but these two are the best and most used. These both seem to be the most popular one for the Zoll.
- The technology which is used in the CPR-D Pads is really cool. They called it the Real CPR Help. The working of Zoll AED Plus is that it converts the data from the CPR-D-Pads and provides an adaptive metronome so that it will help the rescuer with proper rate and depth. It shows the signs of “Push Harder” or ”Good Compressions” to motivate the rescuer. You will also have the depth of the compression on the display screen of the AED. According to the experts, currently Zoll AED Plus is the only AED that helps the rescuer to get to the rate of compression and correct depth during the CPR. Heartsine Defibrillators are the other best AED in the market that provides the correct depth and rate of compression.
- When you are considering any defibrillator to buy, you need to keep in mind that you need to pay the upfront purchasing cost. But before that, you need to decide what you are looking for because then you need to pay the price of the cost of pads and batteries. If you are considering the initial cost of the AED, then you should also consider the cost of the batteries and pads that need to be replaced so often. The sum of the discussion is that there are some people who want to pay less as an upfront cost and some people might be looking to pay more and get the best Heartsine Defibrillator and pay less on batteries and pads for the lifetime.