In bodybuilding, beginners focus on protein, mass gainer, carbs, fats, and other macronutrients but neglect many other essential nutrients. Electrolytes and amino acids are some of them. Without these nutrients, it is quite impossible to increase your fitness level. Our body makes some of them by itself or somehow it manages to have these nutrients from external sources without much of our knowing. If your body is not showing any desired result, it must be lacking such nutrients in your body. At this time, you have to look for experts. Optimum Nutrition is not a brand but an expert or your health companion that guides you to get the desired body by providing your high quality of such nutrients.
Electrolytes and Amino Acids:
Before going further in the article, let’s know what these things are.
Electrolytes: electrolytes are essential nutrients which are electrically charged with either positive or negative while dissolving into water or any other liquid. These play an essential role in performing various bodily functions. We are aware of five most common but essential electrolytes which include Magnesium, calcium, chloride, potassium, and sodium.
Roles of Electrolyte in bodybuilding: Each electrolyte has different importance in the body but together they perform various bodily functions in daily life.
- Together, electrolytes play an important role in muscle contraction that allow the body to move in various directions. Muscle contraction also improves the ability of the heart to beat and support its health.
- Body is made of water mostly that is used while breathing, digesting foods, and maintaining temperature. That leads to dehydration if not consume enough water. Electrolyte helps fluid balance to avoid dehydration.
Amino Acids: Often, amino acids are known as a building blocks of proteins and play an important role in neurotransmitters and hormone synthesis. For a well functioning body or its growth, your body demands 20 different types of amino acids. Nine of them are essential amino acids which are not made by the body that include valine, threonine, isoleucine, lysine, methionine, leucine, histidine tryptophan and phenylalanine. Nine of these essential amino acids, three are BCAAs which include isoleucine, valine, and leucine.
Roles of Amino acids in Bodybuilding:
- Faster muscle Recovery: After intense training, muscles break down. To get stronger and big muscles, your muscles need faster recovery. BCAAs help your muscles to get recovered faster so that you have stronger muscles.
- Better Sleep: Sleeping is one of the most important factors in bodybuilding that usually we underestimate. Amino acids help you to get better sleeping.
- Boost athletic performance: Amino acids help your muscles to perform better by reducing soreness after intense workouts that leads to improved athletic performance.
If your body demands more amino acids and electrolytes, which your regular meal is unable to meet, you must take the supplement. For it you have to rely on the best brand which doesn’t consider you only as a consumer but also a companion. Optimum Nutrition is known for its strong relation with its consumers. Train hard and let your health companion take care of your electrolytes and amino acids.